Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Of the lenses I want or want to try out

The AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f1.8G (~SGD 300+):


I'm currently using this one a lot and have thus replace my 18-55mm kit lens. Pretty good for low light shooting and its extremely light-weighted so it's quite fun carrying it around together with the D40. So far I'm more than satisfied with this purchase.


AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f4-5.6G IF-ED (~SGD 300+):


I think I will be getting this one next for the telescopic zoom ranges from 55-200mm focal length. I've never play with such ranges before so I'm not quite sure whether this lens suit my needs. But I guess I could use it to capture people and their expression at ease (as most people are not natural with a camera too close) as well as for macro purposes? If this is not my kind of thing, I can always get rid of it by selling in clubsnap forum.


AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f1.4G (~SGD 800+):


If the 55-200mm doesn't work for me, I will probably go straight into this one with a whopping aperture of 1.4. As I dun really like high ISO (very grainy photos), I usually compensate with wider aperture size (smaller f stop number) than to increase the ISO under poor light conditions.


AF-S DX NIKKOR 10-24mm f3.5-4.5G ED (~SGD 1.3K+):



This ultra wide zoom lens is of course the least priority of them all and its here because I've always wanted to try an ultra wide. But the price is ultra expensive too...! Haa

No comments: